Also known as Charles Mill
The group of farm buildings includes a c. 1784 Germanic stone house, an 18th-century stone blacksmith shop, a frame bank barn, a mid-19th century brick secondary dwelling, and other agricultural outbuildings. The main house is a 2 1/2-story, four-bay structure with a 2 1/2-story, two-bay extension to the south, probably built shortly after the main block. It embodies the distinctive characteristics of 18th century rural Germanic domestic architecture in the middle to western sections of Maryland. Like many other period structures, it is built over a spring. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.
13555 Poplar Grove Road, Hagerstown, MD 21742
Leave a Reply ·