"This group of three brick rowhouses, constructed in 1907, was designed by the German-born architect Julius Wenig. This group of three brick buildings was built in 1907 by John Schlorb, a first-generation American who was born in the District of Columbia to German immigrants. ... Schlorb was a butcher who worked at the Center Market. After construction of the houses, valued at $7,000, Schlorb lived in 1400 and rented the other two properties. Ten years later, a relative, William Schlorb, also a butcher, owned 1400 while John Schlorb lived in 1402."
1400, 1402, 1404 First Street Southwest,Washington, DC 20024