"Designed pro bono by Wolfgang Oehme in 1983, this small garden occupies a prominent place on the National Mall. Symbolizing the bond between Germany and the U.S., the plant palette comprises species native to each of the two countries. In 1988 President Ronald Reagan and German Chancellor Helmut Kohl formally dedicated the garden, whose design contrasts highly textured, diverse plantings with an orderly, geometric form. The project was restored in 2014."
1600 Constitution Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20006