"On his 1889 list of public buildings designed by him, Cluss mentions "numerous buildings for U.S. Artillery at Washington Barracks". The only one that has been identified yet is today's Building 21 at Fort Lesley J. McNair. Originally constructed in 1838, Building 21 served as a museum for the U.S. Army Arsenal located at this site. In 1880, the name changed from U.S. Arsenal to Washington Barracks. Cluss and Schulze designed officers' quarters for the basement and first floor of Building 21 in 1885, after the U.S. Army Quartermaster Corps took over the administration of the post."
P Street Southwest & 4th Street Southwest, Washington, DC 20024