William C. Kloeppinger’s Confectionery and Bakery was located on the corner of G and 6th Streets NW. Today, the area houses the Gallery Place Shopping Center.
"With fresh pretzels, candy, and baked goods in the window and two children carefully posed by the door, family pride beams out from this fixture of neighborhood life, which doubtless attracted passersby as much by the smell of fresh-baked bread as by its window display. German-Americans stand in the doorway, while an African-American stands to the left, near the sign advertising oysters by the pint. A Chinese laundry stood next door, long before the Chinese community moved en masse to the neighborhood around 1930. Kittycorner across the street from the bakery stood Temple Adas Israel between 1876 and 1906."
6th Street Northwest & G Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20001