"Originally known as the National Museum, this building was constructed in 1881 by the firm of Cluss and Schulze. At the time, it offered 17 galleries, which have since been converted into other uses, such as offices, storage, and equipment rooms. In 2003, the building closed to the public for repairs by architect Mary Oehrlein. It didn’t reopen until 2015, and is only open for special events."
900 Jefferson Drive Southwest, Washington, DC 20560