The Schnull & Co. Building was constructed for Henry Schnull as the home of his wholesale grocery firm. Schnull (1833-1905) was the founder of the Indianapolis Wholesale District. He erected the first speculative wholesale building in 1863 realizing the value of the location with the dual growth of commerce and railroad transportation in Indianapolis during the Civil War. This structure occupies the site of Schnull & Co's first building, destroyed by fire in 1895. The building is the design of the prestigious local architectural firm of Vonnegut & Bohn. The building has retained much of its integrity and is a contributing structure in the Indianapolis Union Station-Wholesale District, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in July 14, 1982.
110-116 South Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204