"On the north side of Thomas Circle, at the intersection of Massachusetts and Vermont Avenues, NW stands a statue of Martin Luther in front of Luther Place Memorial Church, built in 1873. The statue is a reproduction of part of the massive reformation memorial in Worms, Germany, created by Ernst Rietschel and unveiled in 1868. The statue's base was created by Adolf Cluss and Paul Schulze. Sculptor Jacques Jouvenal is also credited with responsibility for placing the statue here, although the details are unknown."
Luther Place Memorial Church, 1226 Vermont Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20005