The Hessian Barracks is an historic barracks and school building located at Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland, United States. There were two L-shaped buildings built on the site, but one was demolished in the 1870s. It is a two-story stone structure with gallery porches and a gable roof. The barracks were reportedly built during the French and Indian War, (1754-1763) and occupied by British General Edward Braddock and his troops on their route to Fort Duquesne (later Fort Pitt, now modern Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) at the Forks of the Ohio. However, evidence suggests that they remained incomplete as late as 1781 when the structure was used as a prison.
The Hessian Barracks was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
242 South Market Street, Frederick, MD 21701