Trinity Lutheran Church was founded in 1847 to serve the spiritual needs of German immigrants near the town of Darmstadt. The church’s first name was the German Evangelical Lutheran Trinity Church. Church services were held in a log church (Die Block Kirche) on the south side of Boonville-New Harmony Road where the present cemetery is now located. Rev. Andrew Saupert of Trinity Lutheran Evansville helped to found the church in Darmstadt and served as its pastor until the congregation called Rev. Philip Weyel in 1852. In 1853 the church joined the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio, and Other States, now known as the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS). Also in 1853, the church established a one room Lutheran school for its children, taught by the pastor in another log structure. Due to growth of the congregation and community, a new Gothic style brick church was built and dedicated in 1881. Over the years, the school expanded from a one room to an eight-room school and then added preschool, pre-kindergarten, and kindergarten. Supporting this expansion of classes, the church built a new school in 1942, consisting of three classrooms, cafeteria, and gym. The school building was expanded with two additional classrooms and offices in 1962 and then two more classrooms and basement room in 1987. In 1959, the Gothic style church was replaced with the current church sanctuary.
1401 West Boonville, New Harmony Road, Darmstadt, IN 47725