Amish pioneer Christian Stahly purchased this 80 acre farm for his son Moses in 1873. The year before the village of Nappanee was established on the new northern route of the B&O Railroad. Three generations of related Amish families have lived here. The search for religious freedom and economic opportunity brought the Amish to northern Indiana from Pennsylvania and Ohio. Their simple lifestyle and Swiss-German origins are reflected in the house, the Sweitzer Barn, and other buildings of the farm.
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of Interior
1600 West Market Street, Nappanee, IN 46550