Upon its completion in 1938, the house was a simple and modest space of 2400 sq ft suitable for both living and working. In essence it is a three-room open plan structure with beautiful spaces for living, sleeping and working. Located on a farm field on the rural edge of Chicago’s urban energy, the house staked its own distinctive position in the world of Prairie School evolution, international modernism, and Wright’s yet-to-be-defined/built Usonian invention.
Paul Schweikher (1903-1997) was an architect from Denver, Colorado, who later became the chairman of the Yale School of Architecture. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 17, 1987.
645 South Meacham Road, Rolling Meadows, IL, USA