Saloman Wolf was a shepherd, and his house was originally located next to the sheep barns. The Wolf house is not in its original state; an identical harmonist brick home, the Eiger house, once stood here. When the 60-ton Wolf House (c.1819-1822) was moved to this site by Historic New Harmony, Incorporated in 1975, the bricks had been sandblasted in order to clean them and were crumbling. Historic New Harmony turned all the bricks around in order to save them.
601 Granary Street, New Harmony, IN 47631