George Hoffman House is a historic home located in West Whiteland Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania, the heart of Pennsylvania's German country. The house was built in five sections, four of which are stone. It is considered a vernacular additive dwelling, with the oldest sections dated to the 18th century. Also on the property are a contributing shed, double-decker stone barn, and corn crib. Hoffman (1734-1829) had purchased 275 acres of land in 1772 after his emigration from Germany in the 1750s. He had served under Major General Edward Braddock in the French & Indian War in 1755.
The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
1311 Grove Rd, West Chester, West Whiteland Township, Pennsylvania, USA
Leave a Reply ·