The Englar-Schweigart-Rinehart Farm is a historic home and farm complex located at Westminster, Carroll County, Maryland, United States. It consists of a brick house, a brick smokehouse, a stone springhouse, a frame bank barn, and a frame poultry house. The house is a two-story, five-by-two-bay Flemish bond brick structure painted white, and set on a rubble stone foundation. The house was constructed in 1809 or 1810. The farm is significant for its illustration of how German-Swiss immigrants to Maryland became acculturated to the dominant English culture.
The building has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 2003.
47 Rockland Road, Westminster, MD 21158
Leave a Reply ·