The German Society of Pennsylvania seeks to foster good understanding between the peoples of the United States of America and Germany by maintaining an awareness of German culture and traditions, and by promoting the understanding of German and German-American contributions to the history, culture, economy, science, and technology of the United States. In pursuit of our mission, we:
• Offer cultural programs, activities and experiences, such as concerts, lectures, movies, seminars, social and special events to members and the public at large.
• Teach German language, including Business German, and cross-cultural understanding.
• Promote the use of the Joseph Horner Memorial Library, the largest private collection of publications in the German language outside universities in the United States.
• Preserve and enhance the Society’s historic building, a designated landmark in the National Register of Historic Places.
• Make the Society’s facilities available to the public for outside cultural and social events and as a meeting venue for visitors and groups from German-speaking countries.
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Leave a Reply ·