Founded in 1890, The Altenheim Association was established in the Dimond District reflecting and contributing to the German presence there. Operating this facility for seniors to live out their “Lebensabend”, The Altenheim continued in existence until 2002. In 2005, The Altenheim Association leased the facility for the purpose of restoring the complex and infusing capital into the organization, thus paving the way for renewed purpose and capabilities to serve the community and promote German culture as The Excelsior German Center.
1699 Excelsior Ave, Oakland, California 94602, USA
Leave a Reply ·